Authors discussed the role that social entrepreneurs play, or could play, in improving social and economic conditions in the U.S. and… read more
Authors discussed the role that social entrepreneurs play, or could play, in improving social and economic conditions in the U.S. and internationally. Peter Osnos moderated. Topics included micro-loans, education, the environment, international economics, combating terrorism, and world population. After their presentations the panelists responded to audience members' questions.
A videotaped message from Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus was shown. He is the author of More Than Profits: How Social Business Can End Poverty and Change the World.
Teresa Heinz Kerry is the co-author of This Moment on Earth: Today’s New Environmentalists and Their Vision for the Future. Wendy Kopp is the author of One Day, All Children. . .: The Unlikely Triumph of Teach for America and What I Learned along the Way. George Soros is the author of The Age of Fallibility: Consequences of the War on Terror. James Wolfensohn is the author of A Global Life: My Journey among Rich and Poor, from Wall Street to the World Bank.
This event, part of BookExpo America, was created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of PublicAffairs Books, the publisher of all of the books listed above. close
People in this video
- Teresa Heinz Kerry Chairman Heinz Family Philanthropies
- Wendy Kopp Founder and President Teach for America
- Brian Lamb Chair and CEO C-SPAN
- Peter Osnos Founder, President & CEO PublicAffairs
- George Soros Founder Open Society Institute
- James D. Wolfensohn President (Former) World Bank
- Muhammad Yunus Founder Grameen Bank (Bangladesh)
More Videos From
Saturday Book and Author Breakfast
- Twelve Books
- W.W. Norton Publishers
- Regnery Publishing
- Da Capo Press
- Basic Books
- Book Discussion on Ike: An American Hero
- PublicAffairs Books
- Farrar, Straus & Giroux
- Book Discussion on Waging Peace
- Encounter Books
- Book Discussion on Walled: Israeli Society at an Impasse
- Book Discussion on Buzz: How to Create It and Win with It
- Melville House Publishers
- Haymarket Books
- The New Press
- Social Entrepreneurs
Saturday Book and Author Luncheon
During the Saturday book and author luncheon, a panel of authors talked about political, cultural and social…
BookExpo America Publisher Interview
Mr. Osnos talked about his company’s upcoming titles.
Ms. Powers was interviewed about Encounter Books' fall book line.
Ms. Weinberg was interviewed about the fall book line of PublicAffairs.