Federal Response to the Subprime Mortgage Crisis
Mortgage and housing experts talked about the federal response to the subprime mortgage crisis. They described efforts to protect… read more
Mortgage and housing experts talked about the federal response to the subprime mortgage crisis. They described efforts to protect homebuyers from predatory lending, save their homes from foreclosure, and efforts to help cities address the aftermath of foreclosures, such as vacant and abandoned housing. After their presentations the panelists responded to audience members' questions.
“Cushioning the Fall: Federal Response to the Subprime Mortgage Crisis” was a panel at the National League of Cities Annual Congress of Cities and Exposition, held at the Washington Hilton Hotel and Towers. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bracken, Phillip Executive Vice President Wells Fargo Bank->Government and Industry Relations
- Burns, Margaret "Meg" Director Federal Housing Administration->Single Family Program Development
- Davis, Joe Chairman National League of Cities->Community Development Cmte.
- Leonard, Paul Vice President Housing Policy Council->Government Affairs
- Miller, Jonathan Staff Member Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee
Rebuilding New Orleans After Hurricane Katrina
As part of the Foundation’s Annual Legislative Conference a forum was held on the rebuilding process in New…
Real Estate Markets
Shiela Bair and banking officials spoke about the state of the real estate market. In her remarks Chairman Bair…
Social Policy in Cities
Following introductory remarks from Mayor Archer, Secretary Thompson spoke about the need for better health care,…
Domestic Spending Outlook
Complete title is "1991 Federal Budget - Domestic Spending Outlook".