Health of Political Parties
Panelists spoke about the health of the political party system in the U.S. In their remarks they focused on growing partisanship in… read more
Panelists spoke about the health of the political party system in the U.S. In their remarks they focused on growing partisanship in Congress, electioneering tactics, public perceptions of politics and politicians, as well as public participation in the political process. They also responded to questions from the audience.
The inaugural biennial conference of the Center for the Study of American Democracy at Kenyon College College was titled “The Future of Political Parties.” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Paul Beck Professor Ohio State University->Political Science Department
- John C. Fortier Director Kenyon College->Center for the Study of American Democracy
- William A. Galston Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Governance Studies Program
- Michael J. Malbin President Campaign Finance Institute
- Deborah Pryce U.S. Representative (Former) [R] Ohio
- Steve Ricchetti Deputy Chief of Staff (Former) White House
More Videos From
Kenyon College: "The Future of Political Parties"
History of Political Parties
Participants spoke about the history of party politics in the U.S., as well as ways in which the Constitution has…
Partisanship And the Future of Political Parties
Panelists spoke about the future of political parties and election campaigns. Among the topics they addressed were…
Americans' Trust of Government
William Galston talked about his recent Financial Times opinion piece about the current trend of extreme distrust in…
Partisanship in Congress
Columnist David Brooks made introductory remarks at the No Labels national leadership meeting. He spoke about the…