America in Iraq Panel
Four authors who have had first-hand experience in Iraq participated in a panel discussion, moderated by Mr. Kunetka, titled… read more
Four authors who have had first-hand experience in Iraq participated in a panel discussion, moderated by Mr. Kunetka, titled “Boots on the Ground: An Intimate View of America in Iraq.” The members of the panel spoke about their experiences, the war in Iraq, life after Saddam Hussein, and the current situation there. Following their discussion, the panelists responded to questions and comments from members of the audience. The event took place inside the Senate Chamber of the Texas State Capitol.
George Packer is the author of The Assassins' Gate: America in Iraq, published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
Michael Goldfarb is the author of Ahmad’s War, Ahmad’s Peace: Surviving Under Saddam, Dying in the New Iraq, published by Carroll and Graf Publishers.
John Crawford, author of The Last True Story I’ll Ever Tell: An Accidental Soldier’s Account of the War in Iraq, published by Riverhead Books.
Nathaniel Fick is the author of One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer, published by Houghton Mifflin. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michael Goldfarb Senior Correspondent WBUR, Boston->Inside Out
- Jim Kunetka Author
- George Packer Staff Writer New Yorker Magazine
More Videos From
Texas Book Festival
- Book Discussion on Henry Adams and the Making of America
- Book Discussion on Thirteen Ways of Looking at the Novel
- America in Iraq Panel
- Book Discussion on Thirty Days: An Inside Account of Tony Blair at War
- Death and Drugs on the Border
- Book Discussion on One Ranger: A Memoir
- Book Discussion on Last Chance in Texas: The Redemption of Criminal Youth
- Book Discussion on The First Waco Horror: The Lynching of Jesse Washington
- Book Discussion on Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town
- Book Discussion on Warden: Prison Life and Death from the Inside Out
- Book Discussion on By Duty Bound: Survival and Redemption in a Time of War
Book Discussion on By Duty Bound: Survival and Redemption in a Time of War
Outside of the BookTV Bus, Brigadier General Ware was interviewed about a book he co-wrote, By Duty Bound: Survival and…
Personal Stories From Iraq
Moderated by Doug Smith, the panel members discussed the topic, “In War Time: Personal Stories from Iraq,”…
Book Discussion on Failure Is Not an Option: Mission Control
Mr. Kranz talked about his memoir Failure Is Not an Option: Mission Control from Mercury to Apollo 13 and Beyond,…
2013 Texas Book Festival, Saturday
The 2013 Texas Book Festival was held in Austin, Texas. C-SPAN’s BookTV aired live coverage of…