Access to our three television channels (C‑SPAN, C‑SPAN2 and C‑SPAN3) online and in the C‑SPAN Now app is reserved for cable and satellite TV customers.
Sign in to watch highest-quality video on c‑span.org here.
Download the C‑SPAN Now app from the App Store or Google Play store. Once downloaded, click on More in the bottom right and link your TV provider.
On our website, anyone can access all federal government events here. On C‑SPAN Now, livestreams of the House, Senate and key political events will be available without logging in.
C‑SPAN is committed to a robust, free online experience. C‑SPAN.org provides everyone live and on-demand access to the most comprehensive video coverage of official Washington and our interview programs. C‑SPAN Now offers livestreams of the House, Senate and top political events, as well as the latest events episodes of Washington Journal and Q&A and highlights on demand. Watching any of the three TV channels is reserved for cable and satellite customers, whose monthly bills help pay for C‑SPAN operations.
Here is some of what you'll find at C‑SPAN.org:
- The highest-quality online access to the TV network feeds of C‑SPAN, C‑SPAN2 and C‑SPAN3 is available to verified customers of C‑SPAN's cable and satellite partners. To watch any of our three TV channels in real time, simply sign in with your cable or satellite company credentials on the "TV Networks" page of C‑SPAN.org.
- Livestreams of all federal government events covered by C‑SPAN are available online with easy access from our home page to all visitors — no sign-in necessary. Watch live or on demand all House and Senate debates, committee hearings, events from the executive branch, the courts and election coverage — plus C‑SPAN's signature interview program, Washington Journal — via the column on the left side of the home page, "Live Online Today."
- All other C‑SPAN programming, including daily non-government event coverage and programs from C‑SPAN2's Book TV and American History TV, continues to be accessible without sign-in, on an on-demand basis. You'll find such programming easily through direct links on our home page, or by searching our Video Library.
- All visitors enjoy full access to nearly 277,000 hours of archived video from C‑SPAN's Video Library with simple, fast search functionality. It’s easy to research, view, clip and share C‑SPAN video — all at no cost, as a public service to you.
- We are mobile-friendly. You can access C‑SPAN.org on your smartphone or tablet and watch C‑SPAN video on the go.
Where can I watch C‑SPAN video?
C‑SPAN.org: Our website provides high-quality video streams, enhanced search capabilities and responsive display across platforms and devices. All visitors to C‑SPAN.org have access to live coverage of federal government proceedings and all C‑SPAN programs on-demand in the Video Library. The highest-quality live feeds of the three C‑SPAN television channels are viewable with verification of your pay television credentials by signing in on the "TV Networks" page. If you currently subscribe to cable or satellite and can watch C‑SPAN on your TV, you will be able to easily verify your cable or satellite subscription and watch the best quality feeds of our TV channels online.
C‑SPAN Now: Our video app provides livestreams of the House, Senate and top political events. Additionally, you will find on demand video of the latest events, highlights and recent episodes of Washington Journal and Q&A. You can also log in with your cable or satellite subscription to watch live feeds of the three C‑SPAN television channels.
What if I don't subscribe to cable or satellite TV?
C‑SPAN.org: You are able to use C‑SPAN.org to watch our live coverage of all federal government events. All visitors to C‑SPAN.org will have access to House and Senate debates, committee hearings, executive branch events, courts coverage, campaign events and Washington Journal — live and without needing to sign in. You will also continue to have free access to our online Video Library containing more than 277,000 hours of archived video from C‑SPAN — on demand to watch anytime, anywhere.
C‑SPAN Now: Our video app provides livestreams of the House, Senate and top political events. Additionally, you will find on-demand video of the latest events, highlights and recent episodes of Washington Journal and Q&A. All of that can be watched without a cable or satellite subscription.
How do I verify my cable or satellite subscription?
C‑SPAN.org: Find the "TV Networks" icon at the top of C‑SPAN.org's home page. Select your cable or satellite provider from the list provided and follow the prompts to proceed to the livestreams. You'll need both a customer ID and password from your provider.
C‑SPAN Now: Click on the "More" button in the bottom right of the C‑SPAN Now app. Click on "Link provider" and follow the prompts to enter both your customer ID and password from your provider.
Where do I find my username and password?
As a cable or satellite video customer, you likely have already been given an account username and password by your TV provider that can be used on C‑SPAN.org and in the C‑SPAN Now app. If you don't already know yours, visit your provider's website or call their customer service line to get that information.
Will a MyC‑SPAN account work for verification?
No. Your MyC‑SPAN account allows you to bookmark online content, receive email notifications and save clips on C‑SPAN.org. Verification on both the website and in the C‑SPAN Now app is a separate process confirming your subscription with your pay TV provider.
Is there an additional charge for verifying to watch the C‑SPAN TV feeds?
No. Livestreams of all three C‑SPAN television networks on our website and in the C‑SPAN Now app are available at no additional cost to customers who receive C‑SPAN as part of their television subscription from a cable or satellite provider.
Are the live C‑SPAN television channels mobile-friendly?
Yes. All C‑SPAN.org video is designed to be responsive to your desktops, smartphones or tablets. You are able to watch video on C‑SPAN.org in your home, at your office or on the go — anywhere, anytime. You can also download the C‑SPAN Now app for a mobile-friendly experience.
Why does C‑SPAN require a cable or satellite subscription to watch your channels online?
C‑SPAN does not receive any support from the federal government. Most of our revenue comes from a license fee paid to C‑SPAN by the pay TV companies that provide our programming services to their video customers. Requiring verification for the live feeds of our three cable channels on our website and in the C‑SPAN Now app reserves these channels for customers who are supporting them through their monthly cable or satellite bills. This policy enhances what we can provide the general public overall and helps preserve the important public service mission that guides all C‑SPAN operations.
- Desktop - one of the following browsers on the latest version:
- iOS 12.4.6+
- Android 7.0+
- Apple iPhones running iOS 14 or later
- Android phones running Android 6 (Marshmallow) or later