Gubernatorial Races and Redistricting
The National Association of Home Builders and Hotline convened a panel to discuss the upcoming 1990 elections. Panelists discussed the trends and possible outcomes of elections in the context of Democratic and Republican balance.
People in this video
Douglass Bailey Executive Publisher Hotline, The
Charlie Cook Editor Cook Political Report
- Norm Cummings Director Republican National Committee->Politics
- Tim Dickson Executive Director Project 500
- Keith Frederick Pollster Frederick, Schneiders, Inc.
Mark D. Gearan Executive Director Democratic Governors Association
- Thomas Hofeller Director National Republican Congressional Committee->Redistricting
David A. Keene Chair American Conservative Union
- Michael "Mike" D. McCurry Director Democratic National Committee->Communications
- Katherine Meek Executive Director IMPAC 2000
- National Association of Home BuildersNational Association of Home Builders
- [Hotline, The][Hotline, The]
- Capitol Hill Research AssociatesCapitol Hill Research Associates
Problems with 1990 Census
On this viewer call-in program, Representative Tom Sawyer discussed the problems with the 1990 census and the political…
The History of the Census
The constitutional basis, purpose, and process of the decennial U.S. census are examined.
Redistricting & Politics
Peter Brown spoke about the entwined issues of redistricting and politics and his recent article, “The Power of the…
Census Results and Implications
Panelists discussed the 2000 National Census and how it will affect congressional representation. They answered…