Witnesses testified before the House Subcommittee on Health and the Environment as to the extent and severity of the current measles… read more
Witnesses testified before the House Subcommittee on Health and the Environment as to the extent and severity of the current measles epidemic. Subcommittee Chairman Henry Waxman said government apathy and public ignorance have contributed to the epidemic. Witnesses criticized cutbacks in federal appropriations for basic medical services like vaccines. close
People in this video
- Francis Dunston Commissioner New Jersey->Health
- Fernando Guerra Chairman National Vaccine Advisory Committee
Kay Johnson Specialist Children's Defense Fund->Health
- Georges Peter Director Rhode Island Hospital->Pediatrics and Infectious Diseases
- James Quilty President (Former) Maternal and Child Health Association
William Roper Director Centers for Disease Control->Public Health Service
- House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the EnvironmentHouse Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Health and the Environment
Open Phones: Health Care
The callers expressed issues related to national health care.
The House Government Operations Subcommittee on Human Resources held an investigative hearing on whether reduced…
Representative Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) took call ins and discussed healthcare.
The American Hospital Association held a symposium on federal relations.