Open Market Economic Issues
Members of the Shadow Open Market Committee assessed the state of the U.S. economy and answered questions from reporters.
People in this video
- Erich Heinemann Chief Economist Ladenburg, Thalmann and Co., Inc.
- Mickey Levy Chief Economist First Fidelity Bancorp.
- Allan H. Meltzer Professor Carnegie Mellon University->Graduate School Independent Admin.
- Charles Plosser Professor William E. Simon Graduate School
William Poole Professor Brown University->Economics
- Anna Schwartz Research Associate National Bureau of Economic Resources
- Shadow Open Market CommitteeShadow Open Market Committee
The Economy and Money Growth
The subcommittee heard testimony from several economists on proposals to manipulate monetary policy to revive the…
Academic and Business Environment
The Shadow Open Market Committee, a group made up of economists from academia and the private sector, met to debate…
U.S. Economic Issues
President Bill Clinton briefly responded to questions on the U.S. economy during a photo opportunity in a meeting with…
State of the Economy Part 1
The Joint Economic Committee heard testimony from three economists on the state of the U.S. economy and proposals for…