A panel discussion was held on presidential power in foreign and security policy. Attorneys and constitutional experts gave an historical perspective on executive power in relation to Congress, particularly in the use of force.
People in this video
- Jim Gilmore III President and CEO Free Congress Research and Education Foundation
- Marvin Kalb Professor Emeritus Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
- Robert W. Merry Editor Center for the National Interest->National Interest Magazine
- David B. Rivkin Jr. Attorney
Brent Scowcroft National Security Adviser (Former) White House
- Center for the National InterestCenter for the National Interest
Use of Executive Power
Experts on constitutionalism as well as executive and legislative power talked about the constitutional role of…
The Presidency and Executive Power
Academics talked about President Trump’s use of executive power.
Campaign 2008 and Presidential Power
David Nather talked about his cover story, “A Question of Power,” in CQ Weekly magazine about campaign 2008 and…
Constitution and the Rise of Presidential Power
Frank Buckley talked about his book, The Once & Future King: The Rise and Fall of Crown Government, which details the growth…