The conference concerns the relationship between broadcasters and cable operators, the role of government in legislating the industries,… read more
The conference concerns the relationship between broadcasters and cable operators, the role of government in legislating the industries, and current issues and technological advances that will affect the future of the communications industry. The conference was sponsored by Broadcasting Magazine and the Federal Communications Bar Association. close
People in this video
- Toni Cook Staff Member Senate Commerce, Science and Transp. Cmte.
- David L. Donovan Assistant Federal Communications Commission->Legal Affairs
Steven R. Effros President Community Antenna Television Association
Edward Fritts President and CEO National Association of Broadcasters
- Noel Gunther Federal Communications Commission
- Terry Haines Staff Member Energy and Commerce
- Lisa Hook Federal Communications Commission
Edward J. Markey U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
James Mooney President and CEO National Cable Television Association
Preston Padden President Association of Independent TV Stations
Dennis Patrick Chairman Federal Communications Commission
- William Potts Jr. President Federal Communications Bar Association
John Sodolski President U.S. Telecom Association
Jack Valenti President and CEO Motion Picture Association of America
Donald West Managing Editor Broadcasting Magazine
Richard Wiley Senior Partner Wiley, Rein, and Fielding
- Richard Zaragoza Attorney Fisher, Wayland, Cooper and Leader
- Federal Communications Bar AssociationFederal Communications Bar Association
- Broadcasting Publications, Inc.Broadcasting Publications, Inc.
Robert C. Wright was at the Washington Metro Cable Club where he talked about the launch of a new consumer and business…
Opening Remarks at EEO Conference
The National Urban League gave opening comments at the EEO conference.
Cable Telecommunications Act, Day 2 Part 2
The hearing focused on the effects of the Cable Act of 1984. Mr. Fritts talked about the monopolies in cable. He said that the…
James Mooney spoke about changes in the cable industry.