Unemployment in America
Josh Stokes' video, Unemployment in America, was the grand prize-winning video in C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary… read more
Josh Stokes' video, Unemployment in America, was the grand prize-winning video in C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest.*He was a twelfth grader at Daniel Hand High School in Madison, Connecticut.
The local cable company was Comcast.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was an annual national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary on a specific theme.*In the 2013 contest participants were asked to send a message to the president on the issue they consider most important in 2013. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
More Videos From
C-SPAN's 2013 StudentCam Competition: Message to the President
- Government Wa$te
- Renewable Energy
- Fishable, Swimmable, Drinkable
- In Sickness and in Health Care
- Education Across the Nation
- The Significance of Small Businesses
- Dangers of an Increasing Deficit
- Sincerely, Rachael
- Dear Mr. President...Where Is the Funding?
- Catching Waves for Renewable Energy
- Game of Risk: Israel and Iran
- Strangers: Illegal Immigration in America
- Border Crossing Controversy
- College: America's Gateway
- Education: Take A Spin
- State of the City
- What's the Catch?
- Guns In Our Schools
- Federal Deficit and Debt
- Education: America's Challenge
- Health Care Reform
- Tides of Tomorrow
- Public Transportation in the Nation
- Free Candy
- Unemployment in America
Every year since 2006, C-SPAN invited students to take part in a StudentCam video documentary competition and join in…
Isabel Olea StudentCam Winner
Isabel Olea talked about her video, Unemployment: The Challenge, one of the middle school section third prize-winning…
Haley Chenot StudentCam Interview
Haley Chenot talked about her video Jobless: Is It In Your Future?, one of the middle school winners. She is an…
Unemployment: The Challenge
One of the middle school section third prize-winning videos, Unemployment: The Challenge, was produced by Isabel Olea,…